
I know it's half past midnight, but that technically puts it at the 28th of September so it's now my parents' anniversary! Hooray!!
My parents have been married about a year longer than I've existed on Earth...though I don't think I'll mention how long that is just yet. ;-)

In this day and age, it's so rare to see people stick it out for a long-term marriage that it's always great to know that my folks are one couple that have. (Of course, wouldn't it be cool if lifelong marriages became so commonplace that celebrating another year of life together seemed odd? Kate and I are sure going to shoot for the forever scheme!)
I'd like to thank my parents for all the love and support they've given me (and continue to give me) over the years. While I can probably blame them for a few of my bad habits, I also have to credit them with virtually all of my good ones. :-)
Thanks for everything, Mom & Dad! Hope you Vegas trip is going great!
Happy Anniversary!!!

Kate and I are planning on visiting Colorado Springs this weekend to see my folks and my sister. As part of the anniversary gift, Dianna is going to make a big family breakfast on Saturday morning while Kate and I will be making a family dinner that evening. Kate has a spiffy seafood pasta recipe that her Dad showed her how to make that she's eager to try out on my family. It's actually pretty good...and I don't even like seafood! ;-)
Mom and Dad don't actually get into town until later Friday night so Kate and I are going to stay and Heath and Dianna's place for the first night. Back when my folks were in California, Kate and I would stay at my sister's place a lot. We're wondering if maybe we ought to get back into that tradition. Maybe on a typical Colorado Springs visit, we could stay at my sister's place the first night and my parents' place the next night. Hmm...possibilities... :-)
All in all, it ought to be an enjoyable visit. It's always nice to see my family.

So again, another Happy Anniversary to my folks!!
Love you guys!
Your son, Michael




No comments:
Post a Comment