Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, September 26, 2006

    Stuff I've Been Thinking About

    Couple things going on in the world and locally that I wanted to throw out:

    1. My mother homeland of Thailand recently had a military coup to oust the current prime minister under reasons of corruption. So far it sounds like things are quiet and business is normal - although martial law has been imposed and a few civil rights have been suspended. My mother mentioned that she'd heard from my relations in Thailand and everyone's fine. I hope the situation in Thailand continues to be non-violent.

    2. Our church was vandalized this last weekend. The sign outside of the building was tagged and damaged and apparently the title "St. Elizabeth Ann Seton" church was altered so it could be read close to "the Catholic Church lies." Ugh! I just can't stand these sorts of acts. To do this to a holy place just seems obsence. If someone's got issues or disagrees with the Catholic outlook in things, he or she is welcome to that opinion. I'd have just thought that we'd evolved beyond the need for such crass expressions of our opinions. Guess I was wrong. :-(

    Okay, got that off my chest...on to more pleasent topics.

    I finally recovered from the head cold that I had all last week. I probably would've recovered quicker if I could've taken some time off from everything and just stayed home and rested. But, with all the exams I had scheduled, that sure wasn't going to happen! But I'm all recovered now - today was the first day in maybe seven that I felt perfectly normal again.

    I weathered my exams fairly well so far. I got A-level scores on my Databases and my Computer Organization classes and a solid B score on my Telecommunications exam. I'm still waiting to hear about the Weather & Climate test, but I'm not real confident. I threw down a lot of guesses on that one. :-/

    I had hoped for a few days to catch my breath following the midterms...but no such luck. I've got three assignments all due sometime this week so I'm juggling my schedule to make time for them.

    Also, I looked at the syllubus for each of my classes and guess what? It's really only another three weeks or so until the next run of exams!

    Oi.

    Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope you're having a great day!

    No comments: