Okay, I have to share. The other morning, I'd been having a seriously intense dream of working in the Longmont Library's computer lab. It was crazy busy (as it sometimes is) and I was desperately trying to juggle a quick reboot and clearing of system caches with the flood of customers pouring in. I remember that in the dream I kept trying to get people to wait in line while I finished up. Yes, I knew we were open but I just needed them to be patient. Etc - etc - etc.
Well, at some point, I must have finished my PC maintenance and turned to start assigned patrons to computer - when I realize that most of them had already sat down at computers and gotten to work - without checking in with me. Okay, so I roll with and start assigning who I can based on what I think was the queue order. Then one patron starts getting all up in my face because I apparently let someone else have a computer when he was clearly next. We start arguing back and forth and there's a part of me that thinks I just ought to hit the jerk when I wake up.
I roll over and look at the clock: ten minutes to seven. Oh, crap, I think, Kate and I both have to leave the house in about ten minutes. Well, maybe I just accidentally mis-set my clock last night while I was setting the alarm. I pull myself out of bed and walk into the next room to verify the time. Sure enough, it's ten 'til seven am and Kate's bound to miss the bus at this rate.
I hustle back into the bedroom and start grabbing up clothes to get dressed. I shake Kate awake and tell her what time it is.
"But, honey," she tells me sleepily, "It's Sunday."
I feel shellshocked. That's right. It is Sunday. I don't need to be at work - I don't even have to get out of bed for another hour or so. I was so disoriented from the vivid dream that I was sure I must be late for work.
Kate gets a good laugh out of it and I crawl back into bed for another hour's worth of rest and lying there wondering what's wrong with my brain.
Moral of the story: Don't drink so much Mountain Dew before bedtime.
Thanks for reading. Hope you're having a great day. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment