Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, February 11, 2009

    Sun and Snow Day

    I do love Colorado. This is one of the few places I've seen that can have a wet snowy evening - and let the sun emerge the next morning. I love the sight of bright sunshine glowing over a blanket of sticky white snow. Best thing in the world.

    (I admit that it was a little harrowing driving home in the snowfall last night. It was so sticky that it clung to the car and windows faster than my wipers and defroster could handle it! And that's not including the fog and horizontally blowing snow coming right at my windshield! This morning wasn't too bad - except for a spot between Berthoud and Longmont, where I slid for a ways trying to come to stop at a red light. Fun times...)

    Here's some pix I took of the wintery landscape...

    These are from the morning around our house:






    These are outside the Longmont library after I'd arrived:




    And these are more toward the middle of the day (also around the library) after the sun had worked its way out:




    It's been a fairly mild winter - some of the midwinter days have been practically balmy! Of course, there's still enough time left in the winter for a big snowstorm so I'm not counting winter down yet. :-)

    Thanks for reading. Hope you're having a great day!

    No comments: