Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, January 12, 2009

    Kate's Artistic Side

    Just a fast post because I wanted to share how my lovely wife does indeed have an artistic side. As anyone who knows Kate would know, she loves to bake. Around the holidays, she simply MUST bake a large batch of gingerbread. And she can't just serve the gingerbread as is - oh, no! She must decorate them with homemade icing as well.

    Here are some samples of her work:





    Oh, and here's a pic of the artiste communing with her muse:



    And just for the fun of it, here's some pix of other treats we made over the holidays...

    Buried cherry cookies:



    Mint chocolate brownies:



    And Betsy Brownies:



    I think I'm going to try to get recipes for these treats up on my recipe blog, so keep an eye out for them there!

    As always, thanks so much for reading and have yourself a great day!

    No comments: