Meet my newest roommate: Chiral the Cat! Kate moved in with Betsy, a long-time family friend, on Sunday (and has been spending most of the last couple of weeks cleaning out her apartment). Thus, Chiral has moved in with me on a permanent basis now. Fortunately, we often bring her over so she's pretty comfortable here...and she and Rune only fight every now and then. :-)Big news: Invitations have been sent out!! We met with our co-workers Lynda, Crystal, and Eileen last week to do the final assembly. (And they look great! We are so grateful to the trio for their help!) Then Kate and I stuffed and sealed all the envelopes last Friday. And I dropped them off on Tuesday! I have to say there is something final about sending out the invites.
Now there's no turning back..... ;-)
Here's a list of what Kate and I think we've still got to get done:
1. Meet with Lopiano's for the final plans for the reception (planned for tomorrow actually).
2. Pick Bible readings and verses to be recited during the wedding ceremony and get them to Father Larry and to Dianna and Aileen (our sisters who were graciously willing to be readers).
3. Buy a unity candle from the Abbey of St. Walburga.
4. Get our wedding bands engraved (just our initials and the wedding date on the inside).
5. Make a final count of flowers needed and place the order with Palmer House.
6. Buy a few good party games or check with friends and family to see if we can borrow some.
7. Assemble reception table centerpieces (this is Kate's gig all the way - she's had a bout of creativity and I don't want to interfere!).
8. Design a program for the wedding ceremony and reception.
9. Make wedding favors for the reception tables. (I need to call my Aunt Karen about this)
10. Create wedding guestbook complete with special stamp. (We're going to see if the guestbook my mother sent me will work out but I think we might need something a bit different.)
11. Write and post a general announcement and invitation to the wedding for the FCPL staff.
12. Add any last minute ideas to the gift registries at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and Sears.
13. Find and buy gifts for our attendents (Bill and Dana).
14. Arrange for fittings for tuxedos (for me and Bill naturally) from Mr Neats.
15. Get wedding dress cleaned.
16. Buy shoes to match dress. (Poor Kate is still trying to decide what she'd like.)
17. Assemble the wedding veil. (Tammy is helping Kate with this.)
18. Buy disposible cameras (for the reception).
19. Make music CDs for the reception.
20. Meet and discuss logistics with the musicians.
21. Marriage license (probably won't bother until late September).
22. Order ice cream cakes from Walrus.
Whew! That's the major stuff, I think. There's probably a bunch of little things yet to do but I can't think of them now.
Hmm, 52 days and counting............... ;-)




No comments:
Post a Comment