Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 15, 2005

    New BBQ Grill Assembly

    I finally got around to assembling the new barbeque grill that my parents gave me for my birthday. Rather than tell you about it, I decided to play pseudo-creative and weave the tale in photostory format....





    First things first, I had to get the cats off their new favorite resting spot...




    This is the promise... :-)




    Rune helps me verify all the pieces are here.




    Chiral gets into the checking process as well.




    Chiral is actually more interested in the trash than the parts.




    Ready to start!




    Frame assembled.




    At this point, Rune decides that all this is too scary and retreats to the stairs to watch the proceedings in safety.




    Got the side trays started.




    A momentary delay as Chiral decides to "help" with the instruction sheet.




    The side burner (kinda tricky) from below...




    ...and above.




    Install the grill racks and we're almost done!




    Chiral inspects the final product...




    ...and watches as I manuever the grill outside.




    My new grill in its new home!





    Thanks again to Mom and Dad for the awesome birthday present. Kate and I look forward to breaking it in. :-)

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Great photoessay!! Glad you guys like the grill. Maybe someday we will get a chance to try something you've grilled on it!

    Love, Dad

    Anonymous said...

    WHOA!!! :) I love this blog ;) Really enjoyed looking at those pictures.

    Love you-Mom.

    MangyCat said...

    Hey, you CAN be psuedo-creative when you wanna be! Loved finding out how the cats related to the whole process. ;o)