Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 08, 2005

    Happy Birthday to Me!

    I guess technically my birthday was yesterday but, eh, who cares? :-)

    The weekend before last (a week before my birthday), Kate and I went down to the Springs to celebrate my birthday and my sister Dianna's birthday with my folks. It was pretty fun but I think I ate too much. :-) My folks ordered a big meal from Chili's and my Mom did quite a bit of cooking on the side. We had a nice ice cream cake with an old pic of me and Dianna copied onto it.

    Biggest present I got? A new barbeque grill!! I still need to put the thing together and fire 'er up but I intend to very soon! I also got a new digital camera (well, one of my mother's hand-me-downs but I'm not complaining) and a half dozen new shorts. Oh, and Kate got me a copy of Donita Paul's Dragonquest. She, my sister, and Donita went out to a scrapbooking shindig on the Saturday of the weekend and Kate took the chance to get the book autographed by Donita! Yay!

    Well, the week after that crawled by (not counting a visit to the Union Colony Theater in Greeley to see a performance of the Sound of Music) and then my actual birthday appeared! Kate had to work part of the weekend and I grand plans to get a bunch of cleaning and organizing down on Saturday (in preparation for when she moves her stuff in later this month). Unfortunately I got tagged with the "I-Don't-Wanna's" and ended up vegging out instead.

    But that was okay! Then on my actual day of birth, Kate and I got together with our local friends for a light party. The theme was Make-Your-Own-Pizza, although technically Kate made all the pizza dough and the sauce. :-) Everyone brought their own toppings, though, and it was generally a lot of fun. I also had an ice cream cake (picture to the left) that was quite tasty.

    Kate surprised me with a second present, namely the DVD collection for the Firefly series! Woo-hoo! Just in time to refresh my memory of my favorite episodes before the movie comes out next month.

    And so I'm bushed. :-)

    Kate and I are planning a "date-night" for Thursday. We're going to hit Souper Salad for dinner and see the new Sky High movie. On Friday night, we're joining Bill and Tammy in a showing of Othello down at the Colorado Shakespeare Festival in Boulder.

    Whew! Another busy week. In my next post, I'll have to show readers the list of minor items Kate and I decided we still need to do for the wedding. Nothing big, thank goodness, but still a handful of stuff.

    More later! Thanks to everyone to did anything for my birthday! You're the best!

    No comments: