Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, July 22, 2005

    Still Plodding Along

    Man, the Fort Collins weather this summer has been a killer! This whole week has pushed toward a hundred degrees and sometimes beyond. It almost makes me want to stay extra hours at work just so I can have some air conditioned comfort.

    Not that my place is all that bad; it has some cover from trees and other buildings to block the direct sunlight. But it does get stuffy in there unless I get a little airflow. I think I'll need to invest in some new standing fans and maybe eventually some AC.

    I really feel sorry for my poor cat. She's stuck in the house all day with a fur coat she can't take off. She's taken to sleeping or napping in the upstairs hallway or on the bricks in front of the fireplace. :-)

    Kate's making amazing progress on the invitation envelopes! She even thinks that they look pretty good (they actually look great). I think she's about up to 30-40 for them. We'll be assembling the invitations sometime in August and sending them out once we're done. Shouldn't take us too long.

    Kate also found some folks to play music at the wedding. Her former landlord (who's name escapes me right now) teaches music professionally...and while she herself can't make it, she said she could put together a group of string musicians that she knows...all for a good price. Thanks to Betsy for this idea! Now Kate doesn't have to go cold-calling folks at CSU like she thought she would.

    Our supervisor Lynda at the library is putting together a big potluck "shower" for us in late August (affectionately referred to as "NewWed Fest"). It's an informal thing where our co-workers can get together with us and we can have some fun. I've told folks that we don't need gifts, but I don't know how many of them are listening to us. The "shower" is also to belatedly celebrate the marriage of our library director as well as a couple of our hourly library aides (all of whom got married in June). That might pull the attention away from me and Kate for a bit, which is good 'cause Kate hates the spotlight.

    I don't know what she's going to do during the actual wedding. ;-)

    Next weekend we'll be heading down to Colorado Springs to visit with my family. My mother wants to throw together a joint early birthday party for me and my sister, which should be a good time.

    Less than three months of single life left and counting...

    Tick-tock. Tick-tock. ;-)

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Hey, Mike!! Where's that picture of the BBQ grill we were promised??

    Dad