Just a fast update with some things I wanted to share to the world...
* Our cat Chiral is extremely co-dependent. Unless she's sleeping, she doesn't like to be alone in a room. She's especially odd when she eats her food. We keep the cats' food bowls separate - Chiral's is downstairs in the kitchen while Rune's is upstairs outside the bathroom. When we feed them their breakfast or dinner, Chiral gets very upset if no one stays downstairs with her while she eats. In fact, if both of us go upstairs while she's eating, we will hear her trill in a sad, lonely way and she'll come trotting up to sit near the top of the stairs, looking dejected. She'll sit there and wait, looking glum, until one of us heads back downstairs. Then she'll come scampering back with us and resume eating her food. Strange cat.
* When she's tired, Kate can fall asleep at any time and doing anything. The other night, we were playing Lego Batman and had reached the final fight on one of the levels. I mentioned to Kate that she needed to get a power-up to solve the puzzle. Well, Kate started just sort of wandering about, her character walking into all the corners over and over again. Puzzled, I told her what she needed to do - and she either said nothing or mumbled something about checking this out. Every now and then she'd say "Oh, okay, I see..." and continue wandering about. After about five minutes (or so) of this - I think I jostled her or spoke a little louder - she came fully aware. Yep, she had fallen asleep while playing video games and was sleep-playing. :-) That's my wife for you.
* I've had an annoying cough for the past week and a half. I'd just gotten over a cold that put me out for a couple days. A week or so later, I came down with this cough, stuffed nose, and throat thing that had me hacking most nights and killed my voice. I was really bad for about three or four days - then it seemed to lighten up. I'm still have coughing fits, especially at night while I'm trying to sleep, but I do think it's getting better. I checked the symptoms on WebMD, and I suspect I have acute bronchitis. At least the symptoms and description all match up. WebMD says that the cough can presist for up to three weeks but generally goes away with some basic care. Hopefully, it'll go away sooner rather than later. Luckily, other than sleeping at night, it hasn't been too debilitating.
That's all I felt like sharing today.
Thanks for reading. Hope you're having a great day!
Monday, March 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment