Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 15, 2006

    Still in Stanley

    We have survived our second day in Stanley, Idaho. Actually, today was pretty cool. We had a nice, slow morning where I was able to get caught up on my webcomics. Kate, her Mom, and her sisters treated themselves to facials and/or massages at the Meadow Creek Inn. Brendan and Dan enjoyed some fishing.

    I also took a short walk up State Highway 21 to a nearby cattle ranch. It was mostly a chance for me to enjoy the cool weather and jam to my new media player. :-)



    Around mid-day, a rainstorm started blowing in...



    In the early afternoon, we headed out to Redfish Lake Lodge. We were going to stop at the Lodge for lunch...



    ...but they had just shut down for lunch and wouldn't be opening up again until later for dinner. Anyway, Kate's siblings took part in the variety of water activities (kayaking, paddleboats, etc). Here's Aileen and Emily in their kayak:



    And Aileen and Dan checking out the water...



    Naturally, Kate and I weren't too interested in water stuff - so we took a little walk around Redfish Lake. Here's some pics:






    That evening - Brendan grilled some steaks for dinner (delish!). Afterwards, Kate and her sisters roasted marshmallows over the grill and made smores. (This is a good thing 'cause Kate's been craving smores for a couple of weeks.) Dan, Brendan and I tossed rocks and sticks into the water out back.

    Finally, the rest are competing in a game of Wise & Otherwise while I'm updating this blog entry. It sounds like Mary Ann will need to start a 'wit and wisdom' book sometime because everyone's guessing her answers. :-)

    Tomorrow morning, we check out of the motel and re-convene down in Ketchum and Sun Valley for the afternoon and evening. We'll have to see if the new hotel has WIFI so I can update - otherwise I'll have to wait until the trip to Utah.

    (I'm pretty impressed with my ability to have two updates in a single vacation!) ;-)

    Thanks for reading and hope you're having a great night.

    No comments: