
The third day of our vacation was spent in Ketchum, Idaho. We got up at a decent hour in the morning to have a big breakfast, pack up all the cars, then make the drive from Stanley down to Ketchum.





The lot of us sort of split up to do our own thing. Kate and I decided to take our time coming over the Sawtooth Mountains and visit all the "historical sites" that were indicated along Highway 75 (which we missed when we came up because it was so dark). Kate's sisters took a hike along 4th of July river. Brendan and Dan went fishing. Mary Ann headed more or less straight down to Ketchum to the Best Western hotel we'll be staying at tonight.


But we couldn't check in for a couple of hours. So Kate and I took a walk around Ketchum itself. Here's some pictures from around town:







Look, kinetic sculptures by Lyman Whitaker:

And naturally, we had to stop by the local library: :-)

The afternoon was spent playing pool (which was free in the hotel). I played against Kate for a couple games then against Dan for something like ten!

For dinner, we all walked down to the China Panda restaurant on the other side of town for a delicious meal:


At that point, we all returned to the hotel, where Mary Ann gathered her kids together to discuss distribution of family furniture for the future. (Whoa, alliteration!) I meanwhile posted this blog entry. :-)
We all go our separate ways tomorrow morning. Kate and I start back toward Colorado in the morning. We're not sure how we're going to handle the specifics but we know we're going to end in Springville, Utah to crash at a Days Inn for the night. We might take a mild detour to Aberdeen, Idaho on our way down to Utah, but beyond that, we don't know what we're going to plan.
In fact, maybe I should close this post and check with Kate on what we'd like to do.
So thanks for reading. Hope all is well with you.




1 comment:
Hi Mike and Katharine,
Just wanted to say hello! Looks like you are enjoying a wonderful vacation - I love the pictures and updates you post. I was realizing that by checking your website I stay caught up on your lives but then I don't contact you very often...just wanted to touch base. =) Take care -
Gina
Post a Comment