Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, October 24, 2008

    Squirrelly Thief

    So every autumn, Kate and I try to make a point of filling the bird feeder in the front of our condo with food for any straggling feathered folk who haven't migrated yet. This year, though, we seem to have a problem with a local squirrel who wants to feed out of the same feeder. Unfortunately, he's too heavy and ends up tipping out the bird feed all over the rocks below.

    Here's our poor empty bird feeder...



    And the seeds scattered on the ground...



    These will turn into odd little sprouts by the spring, I reckon...

    And here's a shot of the culprit himself...



    Doesn't look terribly guilty, does he?

    He's also been fond of digging in Kate's planter out front as well. The cats are eager to be released to hunt him down! :-)

    Thanks always for reading! Hope you're having a great day!

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    It is tough keeping those "furry-tailed thiefs" out of bird feeders. I have read that greasing the wire the feeder hangs on may discourage them. Makes it tough for them to hang on. Also, as lon as teir is eay pickin's they will hang around.

    MangyCat said...

    No, he doesn't look terribly guilty at all. More like, "Get out of my face so I can eat more birdseed."