Happy New Year!
We bid farewell to 2006 and greet 2007.
Kate and I hosted our annual New Year's Eve bash at our place Sunday night. We had grand plans for experimenting with a number of appetizer dishes, but unfortunately we were really lethargic in the morning and ended up having to hit a later church mass than we usually do. So food wasn't quite ready by the time our guests started showing up. Luckily, Bill and Tammy brought some white chili and munchables while Ron brought some dirty rice - so there was plenty to eat.
My biggest gripe was that the cold I'd caught from Kate and been fighting the last couple of days hit me hard that afternoon. I spent most of the evening dueling with a bad headache and a sore throat (plus a couple of canker sores). I'm feeling a bit better now, but it meant that I ducked upstairs to hide and rest a couple of times in the evening.
But it sounds like everyone else enjoyed themselves. We played a number of our favorite games, including Scattergories and Wise & Otherwise. Kate also got the opportunity to try a new game that her family had given her called HuggerMugger. I didn't play - I just watched - but I think I'm going to need Kate to explain it to me because I was having a hard time following things. :-)
Since Kate and I don't have cable, we ducked over to Bill and Tammy's place to ring in the New Year with the New Yorkers. Then after downing several glasses of sparkling cider and fruity beer (that Ron brought), we bounced back to our place for another couple hours of game-playing and called it a night.
Tammy was gracious enough to prepare a big brunch for everyone the next day (Jan 1st) and while the ladies rested, Bill, Ron, and I played video games for a little while...and finally beat that Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes game. W00t!
Kate and I then spent the rest of the evening relaxing and listening to the latest Artemis Fowl book: The Lost Colony.
Well, it's a new year full of endless possibilities. 2006 wasn't all that bad for us so we're hoping that 2007 will treat us just as fairly.
Best wishes in the new year to you and yours. Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment