Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 25, 2006

    Nearing Semester's End

    I've only got about two more weeks left of actual classes at CSU, then it's finals week. Actually one of finals will be on the last day of class...and the other two will be on the same day...so most of finals week will be, uh, something other than finals. :-)

    After this semester, I'll be able to finally switch my major to Computer Science. I'm a little disappointed that it sounds like it'll take me at least one extra semester longer to finish the degree program than I originally estimated. Also, I discovered that I'm not eligible for work-study money because Kate and I make too much - I'll need to go into Student Employment and inform them that I'll be cutting my work hours by half, which will drop our annual wages by quite a bit. In the meantime, I'm gathering information on as many scholarships as I can. I've registered with Scholarships.com, FastWeb, and College Answer, as well as the CSU Scholarship program. I have close to three hundred potential scholarship programs that I need to weed through and send applications and essays to.

    Heh. There go my weekends. ;-)

    Not that I have a lot of time on my hands in any case. I'm more or less finished with the bulk of my major class-work except for finals. I figured that at this point, I'd have a bit of time to breath and relax. No such luck! My work in Systems Admin at the library has been kicking into high gear. We have no less than five major projects in the works right now and I'm involved at least in part in all of them. I think my boss is trying to squeeze all the productivity he can out of me before I have to drop the position in August. :-)

    Ah, well, I guess that's life. I keep telling myself that it'll all be worth it in the long run.

    Thanks for reading. Hope you're having a great day (or night)!

    No comments: