Classes have been going fairly well. I'm doing particularly exceptional in my Intro to Java Programming class. I'm also doing all right in the American Government & Politics and Fitness & Wellness classes. I'm hoping to take a single class this summer, Data Structures & Algorithms. After that, I should be finished with all the CSU requirements (except maybe a cultural class) and I can start going hardcore into the Computer Science work. Hoo-rah.
Work has been pretty busy too, especially in the Systems Admin department. We've two mega-projects that I'm involved in that are taking up the majority of our time. First, we're switching the network over to a new Active Directory managed one. I keep telling my co-workers that they probably won't notice anything but it'll be a boon for us system managers. Second, we're in the process of starting a new public computer management software at the Harmony branch library. This will help the librarians control computer access and usage and hopefully prevent some of the abuse of privledges that has been occuring.
Also, the summer is just around the corner and that means Summer Reading Program at the library. I expect things to kick into even higher gear when that takes off.
All this and I still have to work in some time to research my semester essay for the American Government class by next month. It's supposed to be a five-page paper discussing some controversy surrounding the Hurricane Katrina disaster. I've only got a rough idea on what I'll probably write about. Who knows when I'll have the chance to do the research.
But it's good. Kate and I still manage to squirrel away a little time with each other now and again.
Tomorrow, we're planning on heading down to Colorado Springs to see my family for the weekend. Since most of them will be busy at work, we're going to take some time to visit Cave of the Winds and the Money Museum. I wouldn't mind visiting Old Colorado City as well. We were going to see the Manitou Cliff Dwellings...but the weather may interfere with that. We'd also really like to go to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo again...but it doesn't sound like any family members can join us so we might table that.
(Unless, of course, we can convince my sister to let us babysit Julie for a day...) ;-)
Speaking of the growing girl....

Julie turned 3 years old on Sunday! Happy Birthday, Jules!!
We're also not sure about our planned trip to Washington in June. Kate may go up for a week-long visit with her sister Emily but they're still considering. Because of that, we may try to visit with the O'Connells around Christmas time (though I shudder at having to brave DIA during the holidays again). We'd spend Thanksgiving with my family like last year and maybe work in a visit in January. We're still smoothing out the details as yet.
That's probably all the news that's fit to print. (And my break's over so it's back to work!) I'll have to write more later.
Thanks for reading. Have a great day.




No comments:
Post a Comment