Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, March 21, 2006

    Post-Spring Break

    So...that was Spring Break. It felt a little like Not-Spring-Break except I didn't have to get up early for classes. I did still have to get up early for work. Hm. I think I've been jipped. :-)

    Anyway, Kate and I went down to Colorado Springs to see my folks and drop off gifts for our niece Julie, who turned 3 years old on the 12th. Here's a quick pic:



    We did end up going to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, though my folks and my sister weren't able to join us. We did, however, get to kidnap Julie for the day and we're told that she had a blast! Click here for some pictures.

    We tried going to Cave of the Winds but we found out that we'd need to wait about an hour and a half for the next tour group. I didn't really feel like waiting that long. We considered stopping at the Manitou Cliff Dwellings since they were right next to the Cave, but the weather was looking spotty so we passed on that too.

    Instead, we went to the Money Museum across from Colorado College campus. That was really interesting! I found the Money Across the World to be really cool. Kate was fond of the Money Mistakes exhibit.

    My mom made us lunch and dinner for most of the weekend. But we also stopped at a Chinese buffet place (which was pretty good..but I can't remember the name of) and Lonestar steakhouse (gotta love a good steak).

    Julie got her presents: three picture books (including Letters from Felix, a favorite of mine and Kate's) and a sticker book. Click here for some pictures from the gift-unwrapping.

    Then it was back home where we just barely beat a mild snowstorm!





    So I'll leave with this link that'll take you to a handful of pictures taken by Julie.

    Thanks for reading. Hope you're having a great day.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Mike and Katharine - Just wanted to say hello! I enjoy checking your site for updates! I remember the places you mentioned in Colorado Springs from our family vacation when I was in middle school. Good times.
    Take care, Gina

    Anonymous said...

    Thanks for the comment, Gina! I lived in Colorado Springs for something like eight years and never saw any of the stuff there was to see there. Now Kate and I are planning to see at least one feature each visit to the Springs. :-)
    - Mike

    (PS: That's one cute kid you guys have!) ;-)