Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, January 13, 2006

    Busy Times Coming

    Classes at CSU begins next week Tuesday. I picked up my books this week and was painfully reminded on how deeply the textbook manufacturers gouge college students! Kate even convinced me that it would be cool to go out and buy some fresh, new school supplies (notebooks, pencils, etc) to celebrate my return to academia. We'll probably do some of that today.

    I managed to arrange my class schedule so that I don't have to drop too many of my hours at the library (either in Circulation or in Systems). This means that instead of watching our pennies to make ends meet, Kate and I can put the "extra" money into savings or toward paying off this semester tuition...all in prep for when we will be a little tight. It's all fine, however! We're finding ways we can trim costs here and there even now - we're nowhere near struggling; it just means that we need don't need to eat out or buy comic books and video games all the time. :-)

    I'm of mixed emotions about returning to school. On one hand, I'm excited because it'll be great to finally have a Bachelor's under my belt. On the other hand, I'm nervous because it's been so long since I was in school full time. Kate assures me it'll be fine and that it'll be good for us in the long run. And I figure if it makes things better for Kate, then it's worth it for me to do. :-)

    Let's see...Kate and I bought a new washing machine and dryer this week from Best Buy. Our old washing machine was failing fast; it kept leaving greenish spots on our whites and light colors. Yuk! So we decided that this was a worthwhile investment. The washing machine gets delivered and installed tomorrow. The dryer we'll need to wait on for a couple weeks. We're very excited...and Kate says that since she works this weekend I get the "privledge" of trying out the new washing machine tomorrow.

    Oh, I forgot to mention before...if you haven't seen new movie The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, do go see it! Kate and I finally got around to it and thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

    That's it for now. Thanks for reading!

    1 comment:

    MangyCat said...

    You better make sure to keep a tight rein on Kate--what with all that eating out, buying comics and video games she does. ;o) Just kiddin'.