Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, October 16, 2005

    The Night Before

    So here it is...the night before my wedding.

    As evidenced by this post, I'm feeling a little wired and that's keeping me from sleep just yet. I AM tired since it's been a long week and a busy couple of days but I just can't get myself to relax right now. My eyelids are barely able to stay open but my brain won't stop. Hopefully this blog update will help burn off the excess energy.

    In a little more than 12 hours I'll be standing before the altar with Kate to be married.

    .....

    Sorry, I got sort of lost there for a moment as that thought REALLY weighed in on me. :-)

    I'm not nervous, at least I don't really feel like I am. I'm not stressed; I'd be in a far less charitable mood if I were. I honestly think that I'm just really, really excited that I can hardly stand it!

    Here's how I'm trying to channel that excitement right now:

    1. I'm complying a list of everything I need to bring to the church in the afternoon tomorrow.

    2. I'm writing up a list of any tasks that I can assign to folks when they show up asking for something to do. (And I've had a LOT of folks ask if there's something they can do to help!)

    3. I'm jotting down some things that will need to be done after the reception is over to clean up the hall.

    4. I'm tweaking the seating plan to account for the placing of the tables.

    5. I'm putting together the "kiss questions" that'll be at each table. (These are questions about me and Kate that guests need to answer if they want to see us kiss - no clinking glasses!)

    6. I'm printing out our custom written Prayer of the Faithful for the ceremony.

    7. I'm boxing up the things I'll need to take with me in the afternoon so it's all in one spot.

    8. I'm remaking my bed and clearing the excess stuff out of my bedroom.

    9. I'm apologizing to Rune for locking her in the walk-in closet all day. (Ooops!)

    10. I'm typing this post for this blog. :-)

    Everything's been working out really well. Kate and I are meeting for the early church service in the morning. Afterwards, we're going out for breakfast just the two of us. We'll hash out a few more details for the wedding but mostly we just want to relax with each other beforehand.

    Kate and Dana then head off for Kate's hair appointment and I'll gather stuff to head out to the church. I get to be the man of the hour up until the ceremony, directing traffic and making sure everything is set up properly. At some point, I'll leave things up to our Greeters (Tammy, Glynnis, and Dan) and duck away to get changed into my tux.

    Then the fun starts! ;-)

    Well, I'm still feeling sleepy. I'd better finish up and make a concentrated effort at getting some rest before tomorrow.

    I'm realizing how much I've been looking forward to this day. I love Kate so much.

    Everything will be wonderful. Heck, as long as we're married by the end of it, the rest is just icing on the cake.

    Thanks to everyone for their help, support, presence, or just well wishes.

    I look at the clock and watch the seconds tick by, drawing me ever closer to marital bliss. I really can't wait.

    This is rapidly turning into a stream of consciousness thread so I'll be going now. Thanks for reading.

    G'night!

    No comments: