Big news on the wedding plans front! Kate found and bought a wedding gown for herself yesterday!
Our supervisor at the Fort Collins Library Lynda had clued Kate in to a shop at the Loveland Factory Outlet mall that was clearing out their supply of wedding dresses for 50%-75% off. Kate skipped going out on Saturday, figuring it would be a zoo on the weekend, but stopped by yesterday morning to have a look.
She wasn't expecting much. She tried on several dresses, including one that matched a design that she had already envisioned. She didn't like any of those. Instead, she fell in love with the first dress she tried on. Now, I haven't actually seen the dress yet but Kate gave a few descriptions. It has just enough "poof" for her and she told me that now she understands when women say a bride's gown makes them feel like a princess. :-)
Our friend Tammy took off early from work yesterday to go back down to the outlet mall with Kate before Kate had to scuttle off to work. Kate really wanted a second opinion on the dress before she bought it and Tammy has done a little seamstress work on her own so she'd know if alterations would be complicated. It turns out that Tammy approved of the choice so Kate bought the dress then and there. Tammy and Bill are holding on to the gown for now at their place but supposedly I'll get a chance to see it this weekend.
However, I'm not allowed to see my future bride in the dress...not until the wedding day. :-)
Kate is very happy. And I mean really happy! This was a big decision that she knew she'd have to make and she was imagining a long and tedious process before she found a dress that she'd like. But no! On her first excursion, she finds exactly what she wants.
And I couldn't be happier for her. I can't wait to see her in the gown...because it means that she's about to become my wife. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment