Dianna, Heath, and Julie all came up for a visit this last weekend. It's been quite a while since they came up to Fort Collins to see me and Kate...at least since last spring! We had to do some shuffling since last time they were here Kate was still living in her rented house with plenty of room for guests. I let them have the real bed in my bedroom and slept on the futon in the office. It all ended up working out.
They got in late on Friday. I made some of my tortila soup for them but it was mostly Kate and myself that ate it. In truth, they were all pretty tired and Heath and Julie went almost straight to bed. Dianna stayed up a bit to play games and chat with me and Kate.
On Saturday, we rather bustled about. We had a light breakfast (though Julie didn't eat much the whole day) and went out for some shopping. Kate and I wanted to show them some of our favorite kid's stores around Fort Collins so we stopped at Children's Mercantile Company in Old Town, Once Upon a Child, and a locally owned shop called Harmony Kids. In the end, Julie ended up with more stuff, including some dinosaur socks and new jammies. Heath and Dianna bought us lunch at Arby's and we headed home to put Julie down for her nap.
We passed the afternoon playing games, including Quiddler (Dianna won one game and Kate the other), Boggle (Kate cleaned house, as usual), and Scene It (Dianna left us in the dust). As you can see, the womenfolk dominated. Heath put in a good showing for us men but I was a disgrace. ;-)
Kate baked a ham with pineapples, some potatoes au gratin (from a box!), and steamed some frozen veggies for dinner. It was kind of tricky getting Julie to eat - probably the strange surroundings were distracting. We put Julie to bed and were getting started on another game when the poor thing woke up crying - sounded like a nightmare or something. Heath and Dianna called the night short to take care of the little one and Kate and I soon retired as well.
Sunday was a little slow to start - we all overslept. We ended up making a big breakfast of pancakes, bacon, omelets, and cinnamon rolls. After breakfast, Dianna, Heath, and Julie headed back down to the Springs and Kate and I left for church. That left us plenty of time to relax a bit before our local friends showed up that evening for seafood pasta and ice cream cake - in celebration of our friend Dawn's 29th birthday.
Fun weekend, but now I don't really want to go to work. I need a day to recover from my time off! ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment