And the week had started out so well too.
Last weekend was Kate and my sixth anniversary -- that's right, six years of Kate putting up with her slipshod of a husband. :-) We had decided that we would have a relaxing weekend. Kate had to work on Saturday so Tessa and I had a Daddy-Daughter Day in which we got quite a bit of house-cleaning done plus some grocery shopping. All that in time to prep chicken enchiladas for dinner and walk through the neighborhood to meet Kate on her walk back from the Main Library.
Sunday (our actual anniversary date) was just as good. Tessa went down for her nap without much trouble and Kate and I played some Lego Harry Potter on the Wii for a couple hours. Then when Tessa woke up, we took a family outing to Edora Park and showed Tessa how to kick a ball and toss a frisbee. Naturally she needs some practice, but she's very enthusiastic. Then Tessa's babysitter for the night, Emily (one of the girls who work with Kate at the Council Tree Library), took our kid for the night while Kate and I got gussied up and went to dinner at the Melting Pot, a fancy fondue place we've been wanting to try. Dinner was exceptional and our server Ian was fantastic. We're definitely going to find some excuse to frequent the Melting Pot again.
So naturally...with that kind of weekend, we were raring to start the week off. So guess what happens? If you said, "Both you and Kate caught a cold," you'd be right. :-(
It hit Kate pretty hard on Monday and tagged me hardest that evening. I still plowed through work Monday and Tuesday (primarily because I had desk time) but I was so congested and exhausted that I just couldn't focus on getting any real work done. I finally called out on Wednesday and took a serious rest day with Kate. Bless her, Tessa was pretty well-behaved and we both got good rest.
Now it's the end of Thursday and we're both on the mend - mostly just that annoying cough that seems to mark the end of a stuffed and congested head. While I'm glad to be recovering, I can't help but look back at the week and grumble about the wasted time. I'm already a trifle behind in my projects at work and the load isn't looking to lighten any time soon.
So far Tessa hasn't shown any sign of catching our bug. (Knock on wood!) She had her first cold some months back and the poor thing was miserable. She obviously felt awful but couldn't understand why. She didn't understand that if she'd rest and have some food and liquids, she'd start to feel better. Nope, all she knew was that she hurt and Mommy and Daddy weren't doing anything about it.
Not that her parents are much better when they're sick. We're a pretty whiny pair when under the weather.
Oh, well, here's hoping that we're both fully recovered by this weekend and maybe we can hit the ground running for next week!
As always, thanks for reading and I hope you're having a great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Aw, my heart goes out to Kate. It's so stinky to be sick when you're pregnant. I'm glad you are both on the mend! Hopefully that annoying cough goes away soon too.
Post a Comment