Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 01, 2009

    And Baby Makes Three!

    Kate is past her first trimester, though her appetite is still spotty. Fruit snacks and white cheddar popcorn (and especially gingerbread) continue to be the least-nausea-inducing food ... and this week she's willing to let me grill some burgers and brats because those sound remotely good. She still gets tired very quickly but isn't really starting to show just yet, although she...

    ...

    What..?

    Oh yeah! Did I miss a step here? :-)

    Sorry...let me start over.

    Kate and I are expecting our first baby.

    ::insert cheers and fanfare here::

    We found out around Easter and have been keeping it quiet until Kate's first couple of pre-natal exams as well as the first trimester.

    (Incidentally...thanks to all of you who knew ahead of time but waited for us to spring the news on those we wanted to tell directly! Trust me, we appreciate it!)

    Here's the little one's first photo...growing inside of Kate's middle:



    Cute, huh? Baby must take after Mommy more than Daddy. ;-)

    I think I'll leave this post at that for the moment - let it soak in and all.

    It's amazingly cool and I can't really find all the words to describe how I've been feeling these last few weeks.

    Please keep us in your prayers...and look for the newest Baby Merrell to make an appearance in early December.

    Thanks to everyone for reading...and I hope you're having at least half as good a day as me! ;-)

    1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    Aaaaaaaaaaa! (Girly squealing and clapping). Congratulations - what wonderful news! Looking forward to hearing about the pregnancy...enjoy the ride! You guys will be such wonderful parents!