Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, May 20, 2009

    Parish Priests Leaving

    Kate and I found out on Sunday that both the priests that serve at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish will be moving to new assignments next month. Father Larry Christensen and
    Father Tadeusz Kopczynski have both been re-appointed to other parishes in Colorado. Father Larry is headed to a church in Denver and Father Tadeusz will be going to Greeley.

    I admit (and Kate agrees) that I'm really sad to see them go, especially Father Larry. Father Larry presided over our wedding almost four years ago, and he was so helpful and supportive before, after, and throughout the ceremony.




    In fact, Father Larry was the priest that convinced me (indirectly) to start attending church regularly again. He has a wit and wisdom that shines through when he speaks - and he's never without a funny or profound anecdote to share during his homilies. He's a great orator and a joy to listen to - his words can make you chuckle as well as make you think.

    Father Tadeusz came to us from Poland, and his tenure with SEAS was supposed to be three years. Well, three years appear to be up - the time just flew by. I love Father Tadeusz because he is so earnest and honest - so happy to be spreading the faith. I've really enjoyed having his at church.

    We'll be getting two new priests to replace Father Larry and Father Tadeusz. Both men are "younger," as Father Larry quips. One is 37; the other is 28. Kate tells me that she's never had a priest that was younger than she was. Wonder if that just means we're getting older? :-)

    In any case, Father Larry and Father Tadeusz will be missed at SEAS, I'm certain. I know Kate and I will definitely miss them. Any parish that gains either of these men will have a very fortunate congregation indeed!

    Our best wishes go out to Father Larry and Father Tadeusz! Good luck in your new parishes and God bless you both!



    And as always, thanks for reading...hope you're having a great day!

    No comments: