Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 11, 2008

    Busy Weekend

    I'm not sure when exactly Kate and I developed an actual social calender but we sure don't seem to be spending a lot of dull evenings sitting around watching re-runs anymore. :-)

    The weekend started (after a fashion) on Thursday when yours truly turned thirty-five. We both had to work so that limited what we could do for my birthday, but we did manage a leisurely dinner at Olive Garden that evening. In addition, I received plenty of cards, well wishes, and gifts from friends and family. Thanks to everyone!!

    After work on Friday, Kate and I attended a relaxed wedding between a couple of old chums, Jeff and Leslie. We arrived halfway through the ceremony and were able to hang out afterwards.



    Hanging out afterwards was kind of cool. It was sort of an "old home" night since there were a couple of folks that I hadn't seen in (literally) years!

    On Saturday, we drove down to Denver to meet up with Emily and Jason for lunch. Emily suggested a cool place called KT's BBQ, where we had some awesome sandwiches! At first, I was twitchy about driving down there since the best approach was apparently I-70 to Colorado Blvd...but when Kate reminded me that the route was the same one we always take to the zoo or museum, I chilled out.

    It was a nice get-together. We hadn't seen Emily or Jason since January up in Selah!

    (Oh, and there was also this cute kiddo named Linc who was absolutely fascinated by me and Jason. Go figure!) :-)

    Shortly after we got back to Fort Collins, we hopped over to a housewarming party for our co-worker Shana and friend Aaron. They had just bought a house and were looking for a rummage party. We had a couple of things we were already planning on taking down to Goodwill anyway, so we gifted them instead. It was a fun potluck - I picked up a couple of recipe ideas from Shana and other folks there. And it's always fun to get together with co-workers outside of work.



    So congrats to Shana and Aaron on their new home!

    Sunday was reserved for a few errands and our usual game and dinner night with Bill, Tammy, and Ron (plus our new chum Josh).

    Whew! Busy-busy-busy! :-)

    This coming weekend probably won't be much lighter. Kate and I are hosting our Library Board Game Night on Saturday and meeting with friends at Coopersmith's to try out the trivia contest there.

    You'd think we had lives or something! ;-)

    Anyway, that's it for now. Thanks for reading and hope you're day is going great!

    1 comment:

    MangyCat said...

    Great pictures of the happy couples! Happy belated birthday, by the way. Oops. Totally spaced calling you, but you DID catch my birthday blog post to you, right?