Michael (aka Lonewalker) ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, April 04, 2005

    Long Silences

    Wow, it's been way too long since I last updated this thing. Even now this probably won't be much of an update...more of an excuse, I'd say. :-)

    I can't believe how fast this year is going! Here it is the beginning of April and, I'm sorry to admit, Kate and I still haven't gotten much done with the wedding plans. We finished our marriage prep classes in February (and enjoyed them - more on that when I can) and we're about halfway through our Natural Family Planning course (which meets once a month). But beyond that, we're just dragging our feet.

    There just doesn't seem to be enough time (where the both of us are off of work or other obligations) to get anything done. Kate's handling the photographers and the flowers and I'm supposed to be in charge of the catering...but in most cases, we'd need time for the both of to visit said provider for questions or sampling. And that just hasn't happened.

    We did a little brainstorming about the honeymoon plans, but we'd still like to talk with a travel agent to see if there are some package deals we could put together to save money. Of course, it's hard to coordinate time for both of us to visit an agent.

    I'd say that on and off for the past month and a half, I've just felt like I was running behind...like the world is rushing off ahead of me and not looking back. And I want to catch up but I can't figure out what I did with my running shoes. :-)

    I'm sure it'll pass. Maybe Kate and I should focus on ONE specific detail about the wedding and hammer it down. Then maybe we could turn the sense of accomplishment into some momentum that'll take us through the rest of the tasks. I don't know. It just feels like sometimes I can't stop to breathe.

    Don't get me wrong. I have every intention of going through with the wedding. Kate and I aren't going to be defeated that easily! It's just that at this exact point, I'm feeling kind of run down. And maybe a little stressed or anxious.

    It'll pass, I'm sure. I just concentrate on the gift God gave me in the form of Kate and muddle through each day best I can. :-)

    (And I'll try to post details about the marriage prep classes as soon as I can!)

    No comments: