Silly me. I forgot a couple of things to mention:
1. Kate and I decided against doing a traditional wedding cake, primarily because of the cost. Instead we'd like to order 3-4 large triple-layer ice cream cakes from Walrus Ice Cream here in Fort Collins. Walrus is a relatively local ice cream shop that Kate and I frequent every chance we get. First, we have to verify that the church's reception area has a big enough freezer to store the cakes prior to serving.
(Oh, by the way, there will be NO squashing-cake-in-the-face ritual at our wedding! Kate says I'll be sleeping on the couch for our first year of marriage if I try it!) ;-)
2. We're going to go light on the centerpieces during the reception. Instead, we're going to try setting up small board and card games at each table. Kate and I love playing games and this seemed like a fun way to break the ice and keep folks entertained.
3. Parish policy says no photography during the wedding ceremony because the interior of the church is a holy place; it is disrespectful to have cameras going off all the time. We're not sure how we're going to handle this since Kate and I DO want pictures of the ceremony. We'll need to talk to the church wedding coordinator...see if there's a loophole we can exploit.
4. Kate and I debated back and forth as to whether to offer alcohol at the reception. We're still discussing it, but we're probably going to have SOME drinks available. Some of the guests we want to invite consider drinks traditional (though Kate and I don't drink at all) and we don't want to alienate them.
5. Kate and I can't dance. So we're not sure if we want to have the traditional dances or not. We're still thinking about it...
6. We have our wedding party assembled! We're not having a train of bridesmaids and groomsmen...just a single Maid of Honor and Best Man. Kate has asked her friend Dana to be her Maid of Honor. Dana is one of Kate's closest friends from college and is almost like a sister to Kate. I've asked my friend of many years Bill to be my Best Man. Likewise, he's been like an older brother to me over the years, especially back in our CSU days. Both have accepted with delight.
7. Kate and I decided to go with handmade favors for the reception. We both enjoy baking and got in plenty of practice making decorative treats during the Christmas season this year. So every attendee of the reception will have a small box or bag of homemade treats to take with them.
Hm. I might have more to add but that should suffice for the moment. More as it develops!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment